These are a few of my favourite things; three.
These are a few of my favourite things; two
These are a few of my favourite things; one.
Throw out (or donate) the dark colours,
lighten up your hair and your nails, and most importantly,
the sun is shining, so your smile should be too.
Valentines Day is fastly approaching - ITS TOMORROW. As we’re all dreaming of being showered with gifts, why not look lovely for your special man. Boys love simplicity. Although you may love red lips, a lot of guys find the look intimidating and harsh. So for this valentines, take it easy and simple.
- Soft loose curls are the perfect hair style. Using a 1 inch curling iron, wrap 1 inch sections of your hair around the barrel, hold for 30 seconds and release. This will create perfect loose waves.
- For your eyes, use a very flesh toned shadow, line the upper waterline of your eyelid with black waterproof eyeliner, curl those lovely lashes and apply 3 coats of mascara. This will create length and a super black lashline. Line your bottom waterline with white eyeliner.
- And lastly, for your lips, use a soft pink, in a hue that compliments your skin!!
Happy Valentines Day, Lovelies!! xoxo
It seems like everyone these days just wants long luxurious hair, that they’re even prepared to try some crazy things! Let me tell you, that hanging upside down is not the most effective way to get longer hair - Yes, blood is rushing to your brain causing your scalp to be more circulated, however that’s just not good for you and could cause you to have a head ache! Try this tricks instead :
- Use a cushion paddle brush to brush your hair. This is a safer way to increase blood flow to your head, and it always feels nice to have your hair brushed!
- Try prenatal vitamins, they’re full of the necessary vitamins to help your hair keep on growing.
- Purchase an aragon oil treatment - moroccan oil and macadamia oil are the most popular. They are a little bit on the pricier side, but they really work at restoring your broken hair, and adding keratin back into the hair. When we process our hair with color or lightener, or even wash our hair with sulfate shampoo, we’re stripping all the good stuff that our hair needs to be healthy!
- Get a hair cut every 4-6 months. It’s a myth that when you cut your hair it grows faster, however, when our hair is dead, the ends continue to break off, so although our hair IS growing and we have roots, there is no change in length because the ends continue to snap off. If you get highlights I would recommend a cut every second hair appointment, but if you color your hair darker, once every 6 months is fine.
These are a few of my favorite things,
Obviously as a hair stylist I’ve become incredibly preferential towards certain hair products, so I figured I should share my favorite ones! If you can, get your hands on these products, I promise you will fall in love! xoxo
It’s a dream come true for every girl, Holly Golightly’s house - from Breakfast at Tiffany’s - FOR SALE. It’s hard not to fall in love with Miss Golightly, the movie, and her feminine and extravagant apartment. Well, if you have a whopping 5.8 million, it can all be yours! For now all just swoon at all the luxury, and hope I win the lottery.
About a month ago, I was doing some Christmas shopping and I came across Maybelline’s new product “baby lips”. Needless to say, the packaging grabbed my attention right away, and with the low price point of only about three dollars, I figured, why not? I decided to go with the simple quenched clear color. After one application, I fell in love with the product. It left my lips completely nourished and shiny, I literally had soft supple, baby lips. The craze is seriously trending, so it’s becoming more of a challenge to find the colors that you are looking for, however I highly recommend the purchase if you come across these adorable lip chaps.
Instant love & satisfaction.
Long eyelashes are all the rage right now. I’m seeing more and more eyelash extension businesses becoming existent, and I’m spotting more and more luscious lashes on ladies. If you’re going to invest in having flawless lashes, there’s a few things you should know before you dish out the cash.
- The up-keep is ridiculous; be prepared to put an hour aside every two weeks to get them touched up. Fill’s are much cheaper than the full set, but it’s necessary to visit your salon after 14 days to insure that your lashes are always looking their best
- Find a place that takes the time to attach a false lash to each of your individual lashes. Lots of places are careless and attach one false lash to more than one of your lashes. This causes pulling and you will lose your lashes faster
- The cost is worth the results. Your eyelashes will look amazing and you won’t have to wear mascara at all if you choose not to.
If you’re not prepared to make the financial commitment, try falsies! They’re not that hard to apply to yourself once you practice, and you can achieve the same look for an incredibly small fraction of the price. Or if you like the more natural look, just try heating up your eyelash curler with your blow dryer for about 8 seconds, then curl your lashes. The heat causes a more semi-permanent curl that will last all day!